Plum Alley Investments FAQs
- Our Policy
- Information We Collect
- Our Use of Your Personal Information and Other Information
- Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Other Information
- How Can I Access My Information or Delete My Account?
- What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Information?
- What if I am not Located in the United States?
- Other Terms and Conditions
- What if I Have Questions or Concerns?
What Information Do We Collect?
When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect information from you as follows:
- Personal Information That You Provide Through the Site:
- Account Information:
- When you create an Account or purchase a membership, you will provide information that could be Personal Information, such as your username, password, address, email address, membership level and other information. When you make a transaction using your account, such as signing up for an event, we collect and store the details of the transaction. We collect information and connect it to your account when you are logged into your account, such as browsing history and user content.
- User Content:
- Some features of the Services may allow you to provide content to the Services, such as written comments, videos, photos, and information about events or services. All content submitted by you to the Services may be retained by us indefinitely, even after you terminate your account.
- IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
- We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (for example, what links you have clicked on).
- Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them.
- Email Communications:
- We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us.
- Non-Identifiable Information:
- When you interact with the Site, we receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. We may store this information and we may use it and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers. It is important to note that no Personal Information is available or used in this process.
- Aggregated Personal Information:
- In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users, we collect statistical information about how both unregistered and registered users, collectively, use the Services (“Aggregate Information”). Some of this information may be derived from Personal Information. This statistical information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you, your Account or your web browser.
- Information Collected Using Cookies:
- Information Related to Advertising and the Use of Web Beacons:
- To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements, and also allow third parties’ advertisements through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. To increase the effectiveness of ad delivery, we may deliver a file (known as a “web beacon”) from an ad network to you through the Services. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad networks servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. Advertisements served through the Services may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category may be based on anonymized information inferred from information provided to us by a user, including Personal Information (like gender or age), may be based on the Services usage patterns of particular users, or may be based on your activity on Third Party Services. We do not provide Personal Information to any ad networks for use outside of the Services.
- Do Not Track:
Our Use of Your Personal Information and Other Information
If you provide Personal Information for a certain reason, we may use the Personal Information in connection with the reason for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the Personal Information you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem. Also, if you provide Personal Information in order to sign up for or access to the Services, we will use your Personal Information to provide you with access to such services and to monitor your use of such services. Plum Alley and our subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Plum Alley Related Companies”) may also use your Personal Information and other personally non-identifiable information collected through the Site to help us improve the content and functionality of the Site, to better understand our users and to improve the Services. We may also compile Personal Information collected through this site with Personal Information we have from other sources, such as Personal Information collected in connection with the products and services offered on www.plumalley.co.
We Will Contact You For:
- Account Communications:
- As part of the Services you may receive email and other communications from us relating to your Account, which will only be sent for purposes important to the Services, such as password recovery, account administration and account transactions.
- The Plum Alley Related Companies may use your Personal Information to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to "opt-out" of receiving future communications. If at any time you wish not to receive any future communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Other Information
We are not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, circumstances in which we will share your Personal Information with certain third parties without further notice to you:
- Public Information:
- Some of your activity on and through the Services is public by default, such as content you have posted publicly on the Site. If you choose to provide Personal Information using certain public features of the Services, then that information may be publicly available. Please do not share any private information in the public areas of the Site or Services.
- User Profile Information:
- User profile information including your username and other information you enter may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services.
- Financial Transactions:
- Plum Alley uses third party payment processors and does not collect and store your financial information.
- Information Shared with Our Agents:
- Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other parties to perform certain tasks on our behalf (our “Agents”). For example, we may use third parties to process payments, market our services, organize events, or maintain databases. We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers:
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Information Disclosed to Related Companies:
- Information Disclosed for Due to Legal Requirements or for Our Protection or the Protection of Others:
- We may disclose your Personal Information if required by law, or if we believes it is necessary to (i) satisfy any legal obligation or governmental request, (ii) enforce the Terms of Service, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect our rights, property or safety, our users and the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
- Aggregate Information:
- We share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. This Aggregate Information does not identify you personally.
You may also have the option of posting your Services activities to Social Media Services when you access content through the Services (for example, you may post to Facebook that you performed an activity on the Service); you acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on any Social Media Services you have enabled will be able to view this activity.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Information through the Site. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Information to Plum Alley through this Site, please contact us, and we will work to delete that information from our databases.
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information provided via the Site from loss, misuse and unauthorized access. However, no internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free and we cannot guarantee the security of any account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Your Account information will be protected by a password for your privacy and security. We recommend that you make your password a random string of characters and numbers and that you protect the security of your account by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
How Can I Access My Information or Delete My Account?
You may change or update information in your profile, or delete your account entirely. If you would like to delete your account, please email email@example.com. Because of the nature of our Services, we cannot delete all information about you from our servers even if we delete your account. If you delete your account, you will no longer be able to access your account and the information connected to it, but Plum Alley will retain certain historical information necessary for the operation of our business, such as records of prior transactions and purchases. Any public activity on your account prior to deletion, such as public comments, will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
- Privacy Rights:
- Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. We provide this information to all of our users, not just California residents. If you would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Plum Alley, Civic Hall, 156 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10010.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding My Information?
You can use many of the features of the Services without registering, thereby limiting the type of information that we collect. If you choose not to provide any Personal Information, you may not be able to use certain Services or features.
What If I Am Not Located in the United States?
Information submitted through the Site is stored on servers located in the United States. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, please note that while we take measures to protect your privacy, the Site and the Services provided are not delivered pursuant to the European Environment Agency Regulation (EC) No 45/2001.
Other Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of this Site is subject to the Terms of Service.
What If I Have Questions or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.